Friday, March 4, 2011

PLDT WeRoam on Linux Mint 10 (or Ubuntu 10.10)

These PLDT support guys don't have a clue how to support their product for Linux.
Major turn-off.

I didn't have to install those drivers in their website for my version of Linux Mint.
All I had to do was plug in the ZTE MF627 modem in my USB slot and Linux Mint automatically detected the modem.

These are the settings in my network connection:

Number: *99#
User name: pldt@weroam
Password: pldt

APN: weroam
Network ID:
Type: 3g (UMTS/HSDPA)

PPP Settings:
Allow PAP as the only method.
Uncheck Use point-to-point encryption (MPPE)
Check Allow BSD, Deflate, and TCP header compression

3 comments:

  1. did it really works for you?

    I try to use your setting in Ubuntu 10.10
    but i can't successfully connect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It works, after setting it up. unplug the weroam then plug it back in

    ReplyDelete